British Baby Box is a start-up which has introduced the 80-year-old Finnish tradition of baby boxes to the UK.
It is run by two mothers from Essex who approached Prominent after six months in business looking to raise awareness of the brand, increase web traffic and connect with the grassroots audience – new mums.
The business had started to work with high-profile health and government organisations, retailers and charities but was restricted by a confidentiality agreement.
This meant we had to approach PR in a more innovative way.
- Revitalising the website with fresh copy, a new blog and linked social media channels
- The creation of an Instagram account – which we identified as prime stomping ground for our target market
- Utilising the growing trend for sharenting – particularly on Instagram – singling out a number of new parents, pregnant bloggers and celebrities to send sample products to
- Using our editorial director’s background as a national newspaper journalist to push pre-written features to national newspapers and magazines
- Launching competitions on social media
- Creating key brand messaging documents
Our work with British Baby Box has had a significant impact.
In a six-month period, we have:
- Seen 40,483 new visitors to the website (up 327%).
- Seen a 550% increase in social media followers.
- Secured 36 pieces of coverage in local, national and lifestyle media.
- Worked with the company to develop publicity surrounding charitable partnerships.
- Secured award shortlisting in the English SME Awards.
- Expedited wholesale discussions with some of the UK’s biggest retailers.
- Secured exposure from bloggers, celebrities and journalists.
- Secured affiliation with a leading influencer boasting 74,000 followers on Instagram, 5,000 on Twitter, 16,000 likes on Facebook and a 2,000 YouTube subscriber list.
Sarah Simons, British Baby Box said:
“We have been incredibly impressed with Prominent. “They are professional, efficient and enthusiastic, work as a team and have a very proactive, creative and innovative approach. The connections and experience of editorial director Ellen Widdup have also proved invaluable to enhancing our company brand.”
- Prominent won a Gold award at the CIPR Pride Awards for the Anglia, Thames and Chiltern region 2017 in the Low Budget Campaign category for its work on British Baby Box.
Awards for client
- English SME Awards – Innovation award – RUNNER UP – 2017
- Finalist in the Great British Entrepreneur Awards 2017
Prominent has delivered a creative, proactive and innovative campaign for British Baby Box that has resulted in impressive brand awareness, lucrative partnerships and incredible value for money.